Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trip to Baracudar

Took a drive to Baracudar on Friday. It’s a place approximately 150km away from Dubai. Tax free zone whereby I can get my alcohol without license and much cheaper rate!! Yes very cheap.

The drive is worth it, though its long but traffic on Friday morning is like a ghost town as most of the locals will be busying praying.

Drive along the highway you got to pass Al Sharjar, and then you hit the desert again and along the way nothing but sand dune, drove pass some quad bike adventure as well. I guess that way all this adventure stuff takes places here.

I reach there around 1030am and indeed there were like 20 cars parked outside and you can see everyone loading their cars full of alcohol!! Of cause mine is not exceptional, had a case of Heiniken, Chivas and 3 bottles of wine for only 300Dir which is around 125 SG. CHEAP!

One interesting I see is this old aircraft hanging out there which states Dubai Flying School, which I wonder why is this old rusty plane sitting there?? Well it does provides some shades for the car parked there. Am sure this plane here is not going to be ever in used again, or I hope so… hahah. I sure I be back soon in no time for my next reload!

Next destination for the weekend will be the Jumeirah Beach!! Sand and sea here I come… oppss need to grab my bikini first… haahah.. monkey you don envy me ok.. enjoy your snow in Korea… freeze your monkey buttock!!

No comments: