Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Life in Dubai




Well my Monkey friend started her blog while she started her new life in Korea. So asked me to start one while i am in Dubai!! She writes about Korea while i write about Dubai... well i hope i got nice things to comment about here... hahahah

Looking back, i have been here since 6th Oct. Finally settle in to my one bedroom apartment and things start to move, other then the additional house work that i need to do here, which will not be for long as soon as my part time maid comes on board, things been pretty smooth.

Went to get my internet and TV working, they told me 5 working days, which i think could lead to 2 weeks wait.. hey 'it's Dubai here!!!'. The one BIG BIG thing i miss is the happy hours with my pals, and here drinking is such a chore!! You got to head to the local pubs own by hotels to grab one, or go to a liquor shop to buy back BUT you will need an alcohol permit to buy it! YES only in Dubai i think there is such think. So here i am stuck with no booze asmine is not ready yet!

Had a long drive ytd out of town to the new site where my project will be next. I need to build i new office in the middle of nowhere, yeah nothing you can see but sand and sand... and yes occasionally some camels along the way. So comforting to know i not along on the drive of freeway!

Will try to hit the beach this weekend, need to get some fun and excitment out of this place! Till then that's all folks!!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

hey, is it really that gloomy out there in Dubai? Many people wish they can be there, be it for business, or for leisure. Given a choice, will u still head for Dubai?

I think it's great to be able to get outta Singapore and experience the way of life in a different culture.

I'm dying to get outta of where I am now, and move on to something out of the norm. But then again, where are my opportunities? It used to be "who moved my cheese?", now it's more like "I wanna move my cheese!".

moi_dar said...

That doesn't sound too bad what. At least you have camels to accompany you :P

Peace and tranquility... where to find in Singapore?

love truth & pardon error said...

its not gloomy, blame it on my hp. its infact late afternoon when i took the pictures here. Well we have heard so much of Dubai and i would say i did not regret.
I am sure in life we have to take a plunge on something, but i guess its all the mental prep u got to have. Sure life is not as comfy as SG, but we do see the other side of life..

want me to help move your cheese?? hahaha